Leading Safely and Steadily: How Metallix is Handling Covid-19
Since March and the early stages of the Covid pandemic, Metallix has put tremendous effort into protecting what matters most: The health of our employees, their families, and our customers and suppliers. We continue to go above and beyond what the CDC mandates in an effort to prevent Covid-19 transmission.
These efforts have resulted in zero disruptions to Metallix operations throughout this global crisis.
Business today looks a little different than before. But from behind masks and while physically distanced (among a litany of other Covid-related precautions), our teams in New Jersey and North Carolina, as well as our drivers, have maintained all aspects of operations, allowing customers to get paid for their scrap at a time when precious metal prices are at all-time highs, and giving customers access to the metals and cash flow needed for manufacturing.
- All high-traffic Metallix work sites are consistently and professionally cleaned and sanitized by a professional sanitation contractor on a weekly basis, using products including Benefect Decon 30 and Bioesque Botanical Disinfectant Solution. Internal personnel have been assigned to implement daily, routine cleaning.
- Shifts at our processing facilities are being staggered and some sales and accounting staff are working from home in efforts to minimize contact.
- We have installed iWave air purifiers in all Metallix locations’ HVAC systems. iWave uses a patented technology called needle-point bi-polar ionization to release ions that reduce pathogens, allergens, particles, smoke, and odors in the air.
- All offices have been outfitted with GermGuardian plug-ins that use UV light to kill the Covid virus.
- All facilities now have portable AirSoap air purifiers/filters that sterilize the air and are proven to kill 99.99% of airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Phonesoap units throughout our facility allow employees and visitors to sanitize cell phones as needed.
- Early in the pandemic, PPE (masks, antibacterial soap, and nitrile gloves was delivered to the homes of all Metallix employees in quantities that ensured PPE for each member of the household. Employees continue to have access to complimentary masks, antibacterial soap, and nitrile gloves not only for themselves, but for their families, as needed.
- Complimentary take-home PPE is available to all Metallix onsite visitors.
- Modifications to Metallix bathrooms include touch-less bathroom faucets, hand soap, and paper towel dispensers. StepNpull foot-operated door openers allow bathroom doors to be opened by foot rather than by hand.
- Temperature checks are required for all employees and visitors before they can enter any Metallix location. Face masks are also required for entry, and must be worn at all times while inside.
In addition to monitoring CDC and legal guidelines, Metallix is also monitoring all critical aspects of the precious metals market to ensure we’re operating in compliance with industry best practices as related to Covid and public health.
If you have questions about our policies and procedures during this unprecedented time, we invite you to reach out by phone (800-327-7938) or email (email@example.com). We wish you and yours the best of health and best of circumstances as you navigate Covid-19 in your own life and business, and are here to discuss your precious metals recycling needs.